Welcome to DU! The truly grassroots left-of-center political community where regular people, not algorithms, drive the discussions and set the standards. Join the community: Create a free account Support DU (and get rid of ads!): Become a Star Member Latest Breaking News Editorials & Other Articles General Discussion The DU Lounge All Forums Issue Forums Culture Forums Alliance Forums Region Forums Support Forums Help & Search

Latest Breaking News

Showing Original Post only (View all)

BumRushDaShow

(167,831 posts)
Sat Feb 21, 2026, 05:16 AM 19 hrs ago

ICE's Campaign Of Terror Is Not Over, Says Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey [View all]

Source: msn/Huff Post

12h


WASHINGTON – When border czar Tom Homan announced last week that the Trump administration’s surge of immigration agents in Minnesota was over, he said the drawdown would begin immediately and carry through this week.

But while there’s anecdotal evidence of fewer Immigration and Customs Enforcement actions around Minneapolis, federal agents are still very present — and residents are still terrified. “It certainly hasn’t stopped,” Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey said in a Thursday interview. “I fully understand why people are very much on edge.”

Frey said he gets daily reports on ICE activity in the city, but it’s not objective data because ICE doesn’t share its information with his office. Instead, his team tracks the number of residents calling into 9-1-1 with reports of a “family member getting kidnapped” by federal agents, for example, or ICE “slamming somebody on a car.” When police respond to these calls and confirm ICE is on the scene, they file a report and the mayor’s office flags it.

This anecdotal information used to show between 10 to 30 ICE actions every day, said Frey, and over the last couple of days, those numbers have dropped to one or zero. It’s a good sign, he said, but it doesn’t mean much has changed materially for Minneapolis immigrants who have been so traumatized by ICE’s monthslong campaign of terror against them that they haven’t stepped outside of their homes, in some cases, for eight or nine weeks.

Read more: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ice-s-campaign-of-terror-is-not-over-says-minneapolis-mayor-jacob-frey/ar-AA1WLeFL

11 replies = new reply since forum marked as read
Highlight: NoneDon't highlight anything 5 newestHighlight 5 most recent replies
Latest Discussions»Latest Breaking News»ICE's Campaign Of Terror ...